Kids Yoga is based on classical yoga and the Kidding Around Yoga ('KAY') method and use storytelling, games, music, singing, dancing and lots of other fun and creative tools and activities to introduce yoga to children.
The classes include the practice of asanas (yoga poses), pranayama (breathing methods) and help children stretch their bodies and focus their minds, all while having fun.
A KAY class incorporates cardiovascular conditioning, fun and original music, plus all of the traditional benefits of yoga, meditation, breathing techniques, peace and deep relaxation.
In today's world where children face increasing school pressure and have to deal with numerous distractions, temptations and overstimulation, yoga can have a positive impacy and help children not only gain physical benefits but also improve their concentration and focus, increase their ability to control their emotions and gain a sense of calmness.
- It has many physical and health benefits, including promoting balance, flexibility, coordination and strength.
- It helps children develop body awareness from a young age.
- It helps children cope with stress and difficult emotions through proper breathing, awareness, meditation and healthy movement. Proper breathing also help reduce allergy and asthmatic symptoms.
- It is non competitive and fosters cooperation and compassion instead of opposition.
- It increases children's confidence and positive self image.
- It improves concentration and focus and helps children perform better in their other activities, including in school.